Wednesday, January 25, 2012

beginning.

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." ~ Sir Edmund Hillary, first to successfully summit Mt. Everest with Tenzing Norgay. 

And so it begins. I sit here and stare up at my mountain, figurative in this case, but a mountain nonetheless. My palms sweat, my heart races, and the nervous ball of energy is swiftly churning in the pit of my stomach. But I have already taken the first step and I am on my way. Unsure of what awaits me on my way to the top of the climb, but I have started.

Sound familiar? How many times were you faced with your mountain and backed down? I have. Plenty.
Let me start at the beginning..

I have never been the sort of person that sees things in black and white. I did not go to college with one end result in mind and work fervently towards it. No, not me. I have many interests, and I am an ever evolving ball of energy, bouncing from one great thing to the next. So you see, I have many pieces of paper that say I can do many things. This used to be a great source of stress and anxiety and well, frankly, self depreciation. I watched many of my friends and family members find their calling and go for it. And I thought, why dont I have that drive? What is wrong with me? How am I going to ever make it? Whatever making it amounts to.

So for a very long time, I was content with just going through the motions. I had a job. It pays me well enough. I find no satisfaction whatsoever in what I do, but who says youre supposed to? You just work.
Of course I became more and more discontent with that idea, and started really taking a long hard look at my life and accomplishments. I have done PLENTY! Now the conundrum was to figure out how all those pieces fit together. I pushed it aside.

I believe firmly that whatever I was doing was essential to where I would end up. I had to go through certain things for other things to fit into place. I made very hard decisions, unsure of what the outcome would be, hoping all along that they were the right decisions. In a blink, I packed my entire life and moved 1700 miles away from the only home I knew, to see what else was available to me. And my life has never been better.

I have combined my knowledge and all my pieces of paper, and with the help of some incredibly inspiring people that have come into my life (whether they know it or not), I have added to my collection of papers and given them all a collective name. Combining my passion for yoga, massage, and all that is health and wellness related, I am excited to announce that I will be venturing into the world of becoming a Health and Nutrition Coach. Soon. Very, very soon.

Sometimes you have to step blindly onto your mountain, ready to face whatever storms await and push through.

My mountain stands before me, but this time I am ready to run to the top and face each storm with open arms. Conquering my own doubts, fears and uncertainties.

What is your mountain?














No comments:

Post a Comment